Date: Monday, 9th May 2022
Time: 7.00pm - 8.30pm
Venue: Online via Zoom
Target Audience: This webinar is for both Primary and Secondary SNAs as well as for any Educator who will work with the children in upcoming weeks.
Irish schools are already welcoming Ukrainian Children, who have fled war in their country. According to the current data one third of the refugees are children and many more are expected in the weeks ahead. This webinar will help you to understand the role of an SNA while supporting those children. This webinar will include:
• Visuals for pupils/students, SNAs and school staff.
• My Communication Passport.
• Booklet for children about Ireland.
• Very simple phrases in Ukrainian and Russian provided by native speakers.
• What can we do for the children so they feel welcome?
• Well-being techniques for children.
• Padlet with lots of resources including colouring books and activities for children.
Bio of Presenter: Magdalena Landziak
Magdalena works as a Special Needs Assistant in a primary school for over 6 years supporting children with additional needs. Currently she graduated from UCD finishing the National Training Programme for SNAs receiving a Certificate in Inclusive School Support. She is passionate about special education and would love to share her knowledge and experience in this area with other SNAs. She is running an Instagram page called @sna_zone where she provides helpful information for school staff and parents, advocating for autism and other disabilities. SNA ZONE shows how SNAs can help children to overcome barriers in education.
|Course Start Date / Time||09-05-2022 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||09-05-2022 8:30 pm|
Eir Code: C15 RK03